Friday 26 June 2009

The Mummy Mafia...

Before you have kids people will try to convince you of the sisterhood of motherhood.  Don't get me wrong - you do enter some elite club when you become a mother.  It allows you to discuss things with women that you would never have dreamt of doing in the past.  Rips, tears, bruising, grazing, piles... y'know the nuts and bolts of life!

However, don't be fooled... the Mummy Mafia are everywhere, they're not necessarily out to get you but they are competing with you, whether you like it or not.  They're the breed that make you feel guilty for enjoying motherhood; for not finding it that difficult, for losing weight, for having a baby that doesn't scream every night with colic...

I was invited to go swimming today by my local mafia - and I caved.  I wasn't going to go, they seem to have the ability to make me feel as though I'm in school again - the unpopular kid that smells a little - but I went anyway.  I told myself it was because my daughter loves it, I'm not so sure if that's the reason though.  Did I just go to be one of the popular kids?  Did I go because I just want to be liked?  Probably...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment